Plus Some Tips to Get You Started Using SEO
Thanks to the advent of technology, particularly the Internet, businesses have a lot more on their plate when it comes to marketing. No longer can you just run the day-to-day of your business and hope that patients show up.
That is why it is pivotal that you up your marketing game with the use of SEO.
What is SEO?
SEO stands for search engine optimization. In essence, it is the practice of using keywords to increase both the quantity and quality of traffic and exposure to your brand. Much of SEO helps with organic online searches on search engines, such as Google, but is also effective on social media platforms like Facebook.
Why SEO is so Important
When potential patients search online, they use particular keywords to find what they are looking for. When you do SEO right, your practice will show up higher in their searches; this is what brings you more exposure and increased traffic. Moreover, because these potential patients are already in the “buying phase” of the sales pipeline, they are hot leads. In other words, they are more likely to reach out to your business for the services they desire, making them quality leads.
Beyond that, SEO can help build trust and credibility. SEO is about creating a strong and clean foundation that provides a better user experience and provides rich content. Rich content is something of value to users that establishes your brand as a trustworthy authority in your niche. This in turn increases engagement, which boosts your website and social posts further in the SEO algorithm.
How to Use SEO to Your Advantage
While it can take time to research and insert the correct keywords into your online materials, it can pay off in spades. Here are some basic tips to get you started.
- Use a keyword research tool such as SEMRush to learn what keywords you should use.
- You can also research trending hashtags and topics on social media platforms for keywords, including taking a look at the keywords your competitors are using.
- Start a blog if you haven’t already. Blogs are a great way to add in keywords to your content often. Be sure to use keywords and phrases in the title and subtitle as well as sprinkled throughout your post.
- Make sure that each page of your blog links back to your main website, whether it’s a link at the bottom of your blog or in the navigation. The more pages online that link to your website, the higher your website will score in SEO, placing it higher up in search engine results.
- Share your blog post to your link-based social platforms, like Facebook, and use some of the same keywords in your copy. This will increase your chances of getting found on social platforms and provide potential patients with content-rich information–a win-win!
- Don’t forget to name your image files using the same keywords and to fill in the alt text. Search engines use this information to learn what your page is about and display it in relevant searches, giving you more chances to be found. Blogs aren’t the only places you can fill in alt text–you can actually do it on Instagram too!
One of the best things about SEO is that it is virtually free! While some keyword research tools require a subscription, the only other cost is your time. Remember, SEO is a long-term strategy; you won’t see impacts of it overnight. But with time and patience, you will see just how much it positively impacts your practice.